Q-LED Rainbow Linear tubes by Quasar Science
Geronimo Creek is proud to announce we are one of a few rental vendors who carry the new Quasar Rainbow Series tubes. We currently stock 2ft and 4ft lengths and are on the list to receive the first batch of 8ft tubes when they are released, this year.
Each tube consists of five LED strips: RGB, tungsten and daylight. The dedicated daylight and tungsten LED strips are a significant upgrade from the former X-Fade series tubes. In hybrid mode, the Q-LED Rainbow tubes achieve Quasar’s highest CRI ratings yet with color ranging from 2000° Candlelight to 6000° Daylight Kelvin.
In color mode, the RGBX LED light engine is achieves clean, saturated, full-spectrum color mixing. The Rainbow Series tubes also offer a wide range of onboard effects, similar to those found with the ARRI SkyPanel and Kino Flo Select series heads. The onboard menus are simple to use and the wireless DMX feature is very reliable when tested in the field. The Q-LED Rainbow tubes can also cross fade to vibrant, saturated colors, providing full-spectrum color options and onboard effects. Some of these effects are identical to the ARRI SkyPanel and Kino Flo Select series options. Each tube comes equipped with a digital interface, giving the user command of Intensity, Kelvin, Hue & Saturation. Each lamp has a built-in wireless Lumen Radio CRMX chip, which syncs quickly and easily with RatPac wireless transmitters, which can also be wired to DMX via Cat5 I/O Port.
If you have not rented this series Quasar tubes from us before, feel free to ask for a demo rate on your first rental! For more information, here is a link to Quasar’s operating manual.
Here is some more info from Quasar:
The new Q-LED Rainbow Linear LED Lamp featuring RGBX can paint your world with vibrant saturated color and illuminate it with powerful white light from our 2000° Candlelight to 6000° Daylight Kelvin.
All Rainbow Lamps are equipped with onboard digital interface giving you command of Intensity, Kelvin, Hue & Saturation. Each lamp has a built in Lumen Radio CRMX chip for wireless control. The Rainbow can also be wired to DMX via Cat5 I/O Port.
The lamp is Self-Ballasted AC input utilizing Neutrik True1 locking connector as well as locking Barrel connector for DC input.
- X-fade White Light:Crossfading our Candlelight diode (2000k) and Daylight diode (6000k) mixing a balanced variable color spectrum. With independent 2000-6000° diodes we give a full range of high quality broad spectrum light and allow color saturation without the muddy effects of RGB derived white light. Includes Kelvin presets at 2000° (2800°) 3200° 4000° (5000°) 5600° 6000°
- RGB:A rainbow of color at your figure tips. With a full 360° palette for vibrant fully saturated color or mixed with X-fade white light for soft beautiful pastels. Includes color presets for Blue, Cyan, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red, Magenta, Purple.
- Low Profile Shape: Easy to hide when space is at a minimum, the slender linear lamps can be mounted tight against a wall or ceiling.
- Expandable and Scalable: Stack them in a column to create large LED panels of any size, or end to end for long linear lighting sources. Create geometric patterns and 3D structures or spell out words the options are endless.
- Control Panel:No need to pull out your phone or have a Wi-Fi network. The Rainbow comes equipped with an on-board control panel allowing you to set Intensity, CCT, Saturation, Hue, FX and much more.
- FX: Onboard effects with adjustable parameters. Including Fire, Police Light, Short Circuit, Paparazzi, Strobe and Rainbow Color Scroll.
- DMX Port: With DMX I/O, the Rainbow can be wired for DMX data control and passed through for chaining multiple lamps together.
- Wireless Control:Equipped standard with Lumen Radio CRMX wireless transceivers, Rainbow lamps can be controlled remotely via compatible transmitters.
- Lead / Follow Mode:Set a master lamp and control all others. Rainbow LED lamps can be set to send or receive commands to and from any other Rainbow making it easy to change the settings of any multi lamp fixture or rig without dialling each lamp.
- Energy Efficiency: The Rainbow Lamps vastly outperform traditional Quartz, Halogen and HMI lighting sources in luminous output to power consumption ratio.
- Self Ballasted AC Input:Run a line, RGB-X Rainbow Lamps use 100-265VAC (World Power) via Neutrik True1 connect and do not require troublesome external ballasts, power supplies or data boxes.
- DC Battery option:Grab a battery, RGB-X Rainbow Lamps can run off of 10-26 VDC via locking barrel connector.
Length and Wattage:
- 2′ – 25 watt – Q25R
- 4′ – 50 watt – Q50R
- 8′ – 100 watt – Q100R
Power Connect & Voltage:
- Self Ballasted AC range 100VAC to 265VAC via Neutrik True1 connect.
- DC range 10VDC to 26VDC via 5.5 x 2.1mm Locking Barrel connect.
- OLED screen with digital interface
- Wired DMX via Cat5/6
- Wireless DMX Control by Lumen Radio CRMX Wireless
- Robust Industry Standard
- Easy Pairing
- Compatible with W-DMX Transmitters
- Manual Interface
- Lead/Follow Mode for operation from one tube to control multiple tubes